If you’ve ever planned a golf vacation, you know timing is everything, and not just for your swing! And if you’ve never planned a golf vacation, you must come to Gulf Shores! It’s no secret that our beautiful coastal community boasts some of the best courses in the state and the nation, so it’s never surprising when guests ask where they should go golfing. If you’re unfamiliar with the nearby facilities and are doing your due diligence, then let the local recreation experts at Brett/Robinson share this handy list of six convenient places to tee up.
The Advantages of Playing Golf in Gulf Shores
Year-round golf weather, a friendly atmosphere, and access to world-class facilities make Gulf Shores a winning proposition for your next golfing vacation. What’s more, if you want to go on an adventure to see what the other cities offer, it’s easier than a round of putt-putt. There’s nothing quite like exploring the region and checking new courses off your golfer’s bucket list. Still, we may be a bit biased in saying so, but there’s a good chance you won’t have to wander more than 25 miles because of how fantastic the courses are close to home. After each round, you’ll find plenty of other fun things to pass the time before the next day of birdies (and, if we’re being honest, bogeys) arrives. Without further ado, here are some places to test your skills.
6 Must-Visit Golf Courses Within 25 Miles of Gulf Shores
- Lost Key Golf Club in Pensacola, FL, is a public championship course less than a 30-minute commute from Gulf Shores.
- Orange Beach Golf Center & Driving Range includes a 9-hole par 3 course, a practice bunker, and an inexpensive driving range with 40 tees. If you have a youngster still learning the game’s intricacies, OBGC also has youth golf camps throughout the year.
- Glenlakes Golf Club in Foley, AL, has two courses: an 18-hole Scottish links-style course and a 9-hole resort-style course suitable for all skill levels. It is one of the most affordable golf courses near Gulf Shores.
- Gulf Links Golf Course, also in Foley, is another laid-back public facility boasting a newly renovated clubhouse.
- Craft Farms Golf Club might be the best golf course in Golf Shores for its price and playability. Both 18-hole courses were designed by golf legend Arnold Palmer.
- Gulf Shores Golf Club is an elegant yet unassuming plantation-style golf course with beautiful views and an inviting atmosphere.
Gulf Shores Beach House Vacation Rentals
Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or still perfecting your strokes, the Gulf Shores golf courses offer ample opportunities for competitive fun with friends and family. Each year, Brett/Robinson hosts golf enthusiasts from all over the country and invites you to sample some of the best fairways around! To find out more or to book your stay, please visit us online and make your reservation today!