If you and your crew are looking for a fun place youngsters can go ga-ga, Gulf Shores belongs at the top of your list! Not only does this family-friendly vacation destination offer plenty of things to do with kids on land or water, but its centralized location makes regional travel a breeze. Heck, even if you don’t live within easy driving distance, Pensacola International Airport works with most major airlines and is only about an hour away. And to add to the allure, Brett/Robinson Vacations has a charming collection of rental properties and suites that will make you feel right at home!
5 Budget-Friendly Things to Do with Kids
Whether you’re just getting out of town for the weekend or taking an extended vacation, there’s a seemingly endless number of things to do in Gulf Shores with kids. Still, it’s no secret that costs can add up quick for even a small family. Thankfully, one of the advantages of visiting our slice of paradise is its affordability compared to other parts of the country. So, with that in mind, here are ten budget-friendly options to sprinkle into your itinerary.
- If your kids have the skills, biking is one of the best ways to go sightseeing around Gulf Shores. One of the best places to go is Gulf State Park, which offers more than 28 miles of unforgettable scenic beauty. There are several rental services if you don’t have your bikes in tow.
- Speaking of Gulf State Park, it would be a disservice to our readers if we didn’t mention the free programs at the park’s Nature Center. From biology to history and everything in between, the kids will have fun while learning a thing or two.
- Going to the beach is an obvious choice among visitors and locals alike; it’s what we’re known for! In addition to 15 public spots at your disposal, we have a diverse selection of beach houses with unparalleled access.
- The Wharf in Orange Beach is a large entertainment area offering infinite opportunities for the family with shopping, restaurants, and free activities throughout the year.
- Other than gas and goodies to munch on along the way, taking a cruise on Alabama’s Coastal Connection Scenic Byway is one of the most cost-effective and easy ways to spend time as a family while doing some good old-fashioned exploring. Let the kids create the schedule and watch the good times roll in like a high tide.
3 Fun-Filled Amusement Parks
From state-of-the-art arcades to classic favorites like mini-golf, these three amusement parks in Gulf Shores are some of the best places to let your kids be, well, kids.
- Waterville USA, just a short distance from the beach, offers fantastic attractions, from thrilling waterpark rides like the Dune Racer and Screamin’ Demon to little kid-friendly options like Little Pirates’ Waterpark and Shrimp Boat Village.
- The Track Family Fun Park in Gulf Shores is a must-visit, featuring rides like the Skycoaster and Spinning Coaster. Kids can enjoy go-karts, mini golf, bumper boats, and Kids’ Country rides. Don’t miss the Wild Woody—a multilevel go-kart track that’s a thrill-seeker’s dream. After all the excitement, dive into the arcade with 50 classic and interactive games.
- Adventure Island is in the heart of Orange Beach. It offers mini golf, bumper boats, go-karts, and even a teacup ride. Enjoy black-light pirate mini golf and an arcade with over 100 games inside.
The Top 3 Gulf Shore’s Restaurants for Families
Eating is an important part of any getaway, and family vacations are no exception. Here are three fun places to eat with kids.
- Tacky Jacks is a family-friendly local chain restaurant boasting waterfront views, unique decor, and locations in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan. They open at 7 a.m. and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner and occasionally host events or musical performers.
- The Hangout in Gulf Shores is known for its live entertainment, kids’ activities, and exciting atmosphere. They also have beach access!
- Overlooking Portage Creek, LuLu’s Gulf Shores offers an unforgettable dining experience teeming with amusing onsite attractions, musical guests, and made-from-scratch coastal fare.
The Best Places to Stay with Kids in Gulf Shores, Alabama
Although we’ve provided many things for you to do with kids in Gulf Shores, we’ll be the first to say our suggestions merely scratch the surface. Still, with a few ideas up your sleeve and an open mind, you and your crew will be making memories in no time flat. So, to find the best place to stay with access to everything your kids will love, visit our accommodations page and book your stay!