A Sports Getaway
The Alabama Gulf Coast is an ideal place to enjoy when you are in the area for a sporting event! The Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Sports Commission welcomes many sports teams to our shores and we hope we can make your stay one full of fun and memories!
For teens and young adult sports groups visiting the Alabama Coast, there’s much more to do than hang out at the beach or practice for an upcoming game. With mild temperatures, fantastic rental lodgings, and a selection of restaurants and activities, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are wonderful locations for all sports groups. Here are just a few of the exciting and fun things to do while visiting Gulf Shores and Orange Beach:
• The Factory Gulf Shores — The Factory is over 12,000 of connected trampolines for hours of fun! Beyond that, you’ll find pitching machines, foam pits, arcade games, and so much more! Celebrate team wins or take a day off at The Factory!
• Miniature Golf — While golfing might not seem like the coolest activity, it’s amazing team bonding. Try out Pirate Islands Adventure Golf for a unique experience for kids “ages 3 to 93” where you can explore through pirate caves like Blackbeard and other notorious pirates.
• Explore the Wharf — The Wharf in Orange Beach is an exciting shopping and restaurant destination, with a Ferris Wheel, SPECTRA light shows at night, concerts at the Wharf Amphitheaters, or on boat rides at the Marina.
• The Track — The Track Recreation Center in Gulf Shores features fun for the whole family, ranging from thrill rides like the Skycoaster and Spinning Coaster, to family go-kart rides, miniature golf, bumper boats and cars, Kids Country rides, and much more. The Track’s signature attraction is the elevated, multi-level Wild Woody go-kart track, where drivers race up three and a half stories and then circle back down with an exciting drop at the bottom.
• Alabama Gulf coast Zoo — Get ready for a wild adventure at the New Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo. This is the first ZAA-accredited U.S. zoo to be built from the ground up in more than 20 years. The 25-acre zoo not only provides a more spacious modern haven for our beloved animals, but also includes: theme-park family entertainment, unique fun-filled animal encounters, interactive animal shows, and giraffe feeding station. Continue your adventure into the evening at our Safari Club, full service restaurant featuring a variety of culinary delights. The Safari Club is the first “green certified” restaurant in the state of Alabama. Add a wild side to your next party by planning your next event at the zoo.
• Gulf Bowl— a 35,000 square foot family entertainment center with a spectacular VIP boutique bowling room with private bar. They have 16 traditional lanes and seven VIP lanes. Additional amenities include arcade, laser tag, high ropes course, pool tables, and party rooms. The fabulous fare from the full-service Captain’s Choice seafood restaurant and lane side grill is a local favorite.
• Alligator Alley — See over 450 alligators from hatchlings to mature adults, relaxing, sunbathing, courting and nesting in their natural environment with an opportunity to feed them. Meet Captain Crunch who is 13 feet, 2 inches long and weighs over 800 pounds. He holds the world record for bite strength at 2,982 pounds.
• Waterville USA — Since 1986, Waterville USA has been the ultimate in family fun. We are a 20-acre water park and amusement park located in Gulf Shores. The waterpark attractions include 17 water slides, a lazy river, a wave pool, Shrimp Boat Village, Wa-Wa World and Flowrider. The amusement park attractions include the Nascart Go-Carts, Cannonball Run roller coaster, 36 holes of miniature golf, Trampoline Thing, Fun Depot kiddie rides, the Escape House and a large arcade.
Book Your Stay with Brett/Robinson for Your Sports Group
Take your sports group or team to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach this summer. The Alabama Coast welcomes young sports organizations to the area, and Brett/Robinson is happy to offer discounts on hotels and condos near the Gulf Shores Sportsplex. If you need any help planning your stay, we have the expertise and can help you get in touch with the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Sports Commission. Contact Brett/Robinson to book your group stays with us today.