5 Summer Drinks
The temperature goes up and many of us are ready for a cool, relaxing adult beverage. We’ve compiled 5 local favorites! We are including our take on the recipe PLUS where you can find these delicious mixtures during your next getaway!
First and foremost is the ultimate local libation: The Bushwacker. You can get them at almost every restaurant on the Alabama Gulf Coast. You can try the world famous version at the FloraBama next time you are in town! Here’s our take on the recipe.
- 1 oz. light rum
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- 1 oz. coffee liqueur
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in glass
- Pour in the blended mix
A refreshing margarita screams summer time, in our opinion! The taste, regardless of where you are, will give you that beach sunset feeling. You can try our favorite version at Playa in Orange Beach at Sportsman’s Marina. Try out our take on this frozen treat that serves 4:
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 6 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 2 cups ice
- Mix all ingredients (excluding triple sec) in a blender until well blended
- Dip glass rims in triple sec then in salt
- Pour in mix
- Have a sip!
For the gentlemen in the group, who may not be fond of the frozen drink scene, we have our version of a Moscow Mule. Not sweet but oh so refreshing, you can find a lot of versions of this cocktail. We recommend you check out Fisher’s Marina Mule. Here’s our take on the classic:
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- ice cubes traditionally crushed
- 1/2 cup ginger beer
- 1 lime wedge for garnish
- Pour vodka and lime juice into a copper mug
- Add ice and ginger beer
- Drop a lime wedge in for garnish
This summer’s hot new drink is a cool seasonal take on the popular Rosé trend. Unconventional though it may be, ice and wine can be oh so refreshing! You can snag one during your visit at Playa located on the waterfront of Sportsman’s Marina Orange Beach.
- 1 bottle Rosé wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Place strawberries, sugar and water into blender until smooth
- Poor mixture into casserole/baking pan and stir with Rosé
- Freeze, stirring once about halfway through, until it reaches a slush consistency
- Remove from freezer and stir to disperse frozen clumps
- Add to glass and sip away!
Jet Ski Killer
As our friends at LuLu Buffet’s famous restaurant will tell you, no jet skis were harmed in the making of this drink! That is also where we recommend you grab one during your visit. We are sure this is what a beach vacation would taste like if it could! We’ve attempted to recreate this yumminess below.
- ½ oz spiced rum
- ½ oz coconut rum
- ½ oz blue curacao orange liqueur
- ½ oz banana liqueur
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- cherry and lemon slice to garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice
- Pour in ingredients
- shake, pour and garnish
- That was easy!
We hope you have a chance to enjoy these drinks this summer or even better, get to try some of our favorites during your Brett/Robinson beach vacation! We encourage you to please drink responsibly!